DENVER, Dec 08, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA), a leading provider of kidney care services for those diagnosed with chronic kidney disease (CKD), today announced the company has been recognized as the only health care services company on FORTUNE Magazine's 2009 list of Top Companies for Leaders.
DaVita is one of 25 companies named to the seventh annual list compiled by FORTUNE(R) Magazine, Hewitt Associates and the RBL Group. Honorees were selected and ranked by an expert panel of independent judges based on strength of leadership practices and culture, examples of leader development on a global scale, impact of leadership in communities in which they operate, business performance and company reputation.
"Being recognized as one of FORTUNE'sTop Companies for Leaders reflects our efforts to attract and retain strong leadership," said Kent Thiry, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DaVita. "Recruiting and teammate (employee) development remain two of DaVita's top priorities as we strive to be the greatest kidney care company the world has ever seen."
This recognition is one of many DaVita has received in 2009, including:
- G.I. Jobs Top 100 Friendly Military Employers - DaVita was listed in the top two percent of veteran-friendly companies in the United States for having strong military recruiting practices, internal veterans' programs, a high percentage of veterans hired and progressive Guard/Reserve policies.
- FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies - DaVita ranked #1 in the field of Health Care Medical Facilities for innovation, Long-Term Investment and Quality of Products and Services. The company ranked second in the Health Care Medical Facilities category and remains the only kidney care company to make FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies for list 2009.
- 2009 WorldBlu List of Most Democratic Workplaces - DaVita was named as the first and only FORTUNE 500(R) company and only healthcare company to make the 2009 WorldBlu List of Most Democratic Workplaces(TM) since its inception in 1999.
- Training Top 125 - DaVita was the only nationwide health care company honored for the sixth straight year byTraining Magazine as one of the Top 125 companies in employer-sponsored workforce training and development.
- 2009 Optimas Workforce Management Award for Competitive Advantage - This award recognizes DaVita for reducing clinical and non-clinical vacancy rates, improving time-to-fill, lowering cost per hire and improving service delivery.
- Web Health Gold Award for Patient Education Information - DaVita.com, the premier online resource for kidney disease and dialysis, was recognized as the best web-based, health-related content for consumers and professionals.
- 2009 eHealthcare Leadership Awards - DaVita.com earned the Gold Award in the category of Consumer Disease-Focused Sites.
- PR News' Platinum PR Awards - DaVita Magazine: Stories of the DaVita Village won the Platinum PR Award for Internal Publication.
- NW Jobs: Favorite Pierce County Company - In the fourth annual People's Picks contest, DaVita was chosen as the favorite Pierce County Company for its presence in the Tacoma, WA area.
DaVita is a registered trademark of DaVita Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About DaVita Inc.
DaVita Inc., a FORTUNE 500(R) company, is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, providing dialysis services and education for patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita has been recognized as the only FORTUNE 500(R) company on WorldBlu's annual List of Most Democratic Workplaces(TM). As of September 30, 2009, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 1,513 outpatient dialysis facilities and acute units in approximately 700 hospitals located in 43 states and the District of Columbia, serving approximately 117,000 patients. As part of DaVita's commitment to building a healthy, caring community, DaVita develops, participates in and donates to numerous programs dedicated to transforming communities and creating positive, sustainable change for children, families and our environment. For more information about DaVita, its kidney education materials and its community programs, please visit www.davita.com.
SOURCE: DaVita Inc.
Craig Handzlik, 310-536-2542