Recent Ranking is One of Many Recognitions and Achievements Davita Has Received in 2010
DENVER, Nov 10, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
DaVita Inc. (NYSE:DVA), a leading provider of kidney care services for those diagnosed with end stage renal disease, today announced it was named the only kidney care services provider on the 2010 NEWSWEEK Green Rankings list.
For more than a year, NEWSWEEK(R) worked with leading environmental researchers to rank the 500 largest publicly traded U.S. companies based on their environmental footprint, policies and strategies, and reputation among environmental experts. Among healthcare leaders on the list, DaVita(R) ranked No. 22 overall, and No. 18 on the Environmental Impact score.
"DaVita teammates (employees) have worked hard to be environmentally sensitive in their daily activities," said Kent Thiry, Chairman and CEO of DaVita. "To be ranked among the most progressive and sustainable companies is an honor. As a community first and a company second, we have a profound commitment to balancing our business goals with our social, educational and environmental ones."
DaVita's dedication to environmental and social governance inspired its DaVita Village Green program, which is designed to reduce the environmental impact of the company's business practices. DaVita Village Green is dedicated to providing education to clinical facilities and business offices on conservation, identifying ways to reduce DaVita's carbon footprint and pursuing green supply purchasing options.
Other recognitions of note in 2010 include:
- 2011 G.I. Jobs Top 100 Military Friendly Employers - DaVita was named in the top 100 veteran-friendly companies in the United States for having strong military recruiting practices, internal veterans' programs, a high percentage of veterans hired and progressive Guard/Reserve policies.
- 2010 Best Companies to Work for in Colorado - Teammates voted DaVita among the best employers in Colorado. DaVita ranked 5th among the 250 companies on the list.
- 2010 Military Times Edge Best for Vets- DaVita ranked 34th among the top 50 employers on the list and was recognized for its dedication to recruiting practices, training and mentoring, reserve policies and corporate culture.
- 2010 Taleo Customer Innovation Award - DaVita was honored for its execution of a centralized and streamlined on-boarding process that resulted in a vast improvement in productivity, an increase in compliance and cost savings.
- 2010 Enterprise Corporate Award from the Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce - DaVita was honored with this recognition for its commitment to diversity recruitment, diversity procurement and community outreach within the Denver Metropolitan community.
- 2010 NorthCoast 99 award - Teammates voted DaVita among northeast Ohio's best places to work. The award highlights DaVita's demonstrated excellence in attracting, motivating and retaining Ohio's top performers.
- 2010 International Customer Management Institute (ICMI) Spirit of Service Agent of the Year - Chantell Byrd, representative for DaVita's Guest Services Contact Center, earned the award.
- 2010 Modern Healthcare 100 Most Powerful People in Healthcare - Kent Thiry, chairman and CEO of DaVita, was recognized for being among the most influential leaders in the healthcare industry.
- 2010 National Health Information Awards (NHIA) - DaVita was named among the best consumer health information programs and materials that address the growing information needs of healthcare consumers.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Green Power Partnership list of Fortune 500 companies - DaVita was the only kidney care company on the 2010 list of green power purchases. The list highlights companies that lead in reducing the environmental impacts of electricity use and supporting the development of new, renewable generation capacity nationwide.
DaVita is a registered trademark of DaVita Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500(R) company, is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services and education to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. As of September 30, 2010, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 1,598 dialysis facilities, serving approximately 124,000 patients. DaVita develops, participates in and donates to numerous programs dedicated to transforming communities and creating positive, sustainable change for children, families and our environment. The company's leadership development initiatives and corporate social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune,Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu, among others. For more information, please visitwww.davita.com.
SOURCE: DaVita Inc.
Kelsey Rood, 310-536-2404