DaVita Jumps 192 Spots to Number 242 among Newsweek U.S. Green Rankings
DENVER, Oct 27, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA), a leading provider of kidney care services committed to improving the quality of life for those diagnosed with chronic kidney disease (CKD), today announced that it has been ranked number 242 - up 192 spots from last year's ranking - on the 2011 Newsweek U.S. Green Rankings list.
This is the third year Newsweek has compiled its green rankings; DaVita® has been ranked each year so far. Newsweek U.S. Green Rankings comprise the top 500 companies in America, highlighting those leading in environmental performance. Data is collected and verified in cooperation with Trucost and Sustainalytics, two leading environmental-research firms. The firms work to assess companies' environmental footprint, management and disclosure.
"At DaVita we're pursuing innovative solutions to reduce our footprint while maintaining high-quality patient care," said DaVita Chairman and CEO Kent Thiry. "Newsweek's recognition gives us confidence we're making real progress toward that goal."
Other recognitions of note in 2011 include the following.
- 2011 InformationWeek 500 List - DaVita debuted at number 100, and is the only kidney care company on this list comprising the top 500 most innovative companies in the U.S.
- 2011 ColoradoBiz "Best Companies to Work for in Colorado" - Teammates voted DaVita among the 10 best large companies (those with 250+ employees) to work for in Colorado.
- 2011 ColoradoBizTop Company - DaVita was named the top health care company in Colorado.
- 2011 Military Times Edge "Best for Vets Employers" - For the second consecutive year, DaVita was recognized for its dedication to recruiting practices, training and mentoring, reserve policies and corporate culture.
- 2011 "Corporate Vision Award" from the Women's Vision Foundation - DaVita was recognized for demonstrating extraordinary innovation and leadership in the support and advancement of women in their careers by developing leaders, connecting people and inspiring action.
- 2011 HispanicBusiness Digital Magazine "100 Influentials" - DaVita Chief Compliance Officer and Corporate Secretary Kim Rivera was named one of the most influential Hispanic U.S. citizens to have broad impact across the United States.
- 2011 Denver Business Journal"Outstanding Women in Business" - DaVita Chief People Officer Laura Mildenberger was named a finalist in the health care category.
- 2011 Diversity Journal featured Laura Mildenberger, DaVita's chief people officer, in its "Women Worth Watching" issue.
- 2011 Modern Healthcare "100 Most Influential People in Healthcare" - For the fourth consecutive year, Modern Healthcare recognized Kent Thiry, chairman and CEO of DaVita, among the most influential leaders in the health care industry.
DaVita is a registered trademark of DaVita Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of June 30, 2011, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 1,669 dialysis facilities, serving approximately 131,000 patients. DaVita supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu. For more information, please visit http://www.davita.com.
Bianca Violante, 303-405-2363